After COVID-19: Staying Sustainable
Thursday, Sept. 17, 7:30-8:30 p.m.
Our world, our daily operations, and our day-to-day lives have all changed and adjusted as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. These changes have helped keep us safe and reduced the impact and spread of COVID-19. As we respect the challenges everyone faces at this time, it is also important to reflect on the positive ways our world has changed with respect to sustainability and climate change.
Memorial University’s footprint in communities is significant and the institution acknowledges it has a responsibility to explore these areas of positive change. Join our panel as we discuss where they’ve observed ways in which the COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in positive changes within the areas of operations, procedures, and daily life on campus. Participants can ask questions and share creative ideas on how we can balance sustaining the positive changes as we move toward establishing a new normal.
- Dr. Mark Abrahams (provost and vice-president (academic), pro tempore)
- Mr. Kent Decker (vice-president (administration and finance))
- Mr. Draco Dunphy (sustainability director, MUN Student Union)
- Dr. Donna Hardy Cox (associate vice president (academic) students)
- Time: Thursday, Sept. 17, 2020 at 7:30pm – 8:30pm
- Registration Link:
Presented by Climate Action Coalition; Office of Sustainability and Climate Action