Getting Started in Brightspace Workshop
Thursday, Jan. 14, 2-4 p.m.
Whether you are new to Brightspace or just need a refresher, the Getting Started in Brightspace session is designed to walk you through the basics for preparing your course site for the start of the term. Instructors are encouraged to come prepared to discuss issues or challenges they may have experienced when teaching with Brightspace. The facilitator will aim to provide suggestions to address the issues presented.
- Overview of CITL’s Support team
- Logging into Brightspace and accessing your course site
- Adding content to a site, including the Course Set-up Kit for Remote Instruction
- Using course mail and announcement to contact your students
- Setting up a discussion forum
- Creating an assignment folder for submissions
- Setting up the grade book to track and return grades to students
- Introducing online rooms
This session will be hosted in Online Rooms: https://ysu-na.youseeu.com/sync-activity/invite/1381693/06407c2c59022122967d5df419568287?lti-scope=d2l-resource-syncmeeting-list
The room will open 15 minutes before the start of the session.
Presented by CITL