Research Week 2020: Elsevier Author Workshop
Tuesday, Nov. 24, 2-3:30 p.m.
Elsevier is a leading publisher of scientific, technical and medical books and journals.
Registration details: Elsevier will host the workshop via Zoom. Login instructions will be shared to those who register. To register, please send your full name, unit (department and faculty) and email address to email@example.com no later than noon on Thursday, Nov. 19.
The workshop will feature an editor from Cell Press, an imprint of Elsevier, which publishes several highly-regarded biomedical journals.
This free virtual session is open to members of the university community including researchers, postdoctoral fellows, PhD and master’s students, librarians and staff members.
The editor will cover a wide range of topics including:
- steps needed to be taken before starting to write a paper;
- planning and writing manuscripts;
- what editors, reviewers and publishers look for in scientific papers;
- dealing with referees’ comments; and
- sensitive areas such as publishing ethics and plagiarism.
Those who register will have their name entered to receive a prize, courtesy of Elsevier.
Presented by Elsevier; Office of the Vice-President (Research)