Building Professional Negotiation Skills
Tuesday, Sept. 21, 1-4:30 p.m.
From September 21 – 24, 2021
Learn techniques to strengthen your negotiation position, acquire better deals and contracts, and enhance stakeholder relationships.
Building Professional Negotiating Skills develops critical management skills for negotiating contracts, sales deals, and agreements in today’s competitive world. This seminar will increase your confidence as a negotiator by teaching you how to arrive at ‘win-win’ solutions while achieving mutual business gain. Participants will learn practical skills: strategies and tactics to plan for negotiation, set outcome objectives, overcome roadblocks, and build lasting relationships. This course will make extensive use of negotiation exercises, requiring pre-reading of materials prior to day 1 and evening preparation for day 2.
- Strategies and tactics for planning negotiations
- Developing targets, openings, alternatives, and resistance points
- Learning and understanding personal negotiation style
- How to frame and present offers, and how to respond
- Understanding anchors, concessions, and commitments
- Common pitfalls in negotiations and how to respond to them
- Maximizing the value of agreements
For more information or to register, please visit: Building Professional Negotiation Skills | Professional Development Seminars | Gardiner Centre (mun.ca)
Presented by Gardiner Centre