Cybersecurity for Managers
Wednesday, Dec. 15, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
December 15, 2021 – December 16, 2021
For this course, MUN employees are eligible for a 15% discount!
Learn how to prepare, detect, and respond to modern cyber-attacks and how to help safeguard your business operations.
Cyber risk is a business risk that has grown significantly in recent years. Organizations do not get to choose if they are the target of cyber-attacks, such as a Ransomware campaign, and are often left vulnerable. This two-day application based course will prepare your business to mitigate the risk of cyber-attacks and to implement modern cyber-attack defense practices and techniques. Participants will also discover how to hire, retain, and manage a security team.
- Introduction to cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity controls and defense in depth
- Building and measuring a cybersecurity awareness program
- Vulnerability management, patching and threat intelligence
- Cyber-attacks and hacking techniques
- Cyber incident response plans and execution
- Building and managing cybersecurity teams for modern active defense
- Cybersecurity metrics and presenting to the board
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Recognize modern cyber threats, technology trends, and risk reduction.
- Practice management actions for a strong cyber security program.
- Assess strategies for hiring, retaining, and managing a security team.
- Navigate through a cyber-attack to prepare for potential, real attacks.
- Obtain and report meaningful metrics and reporting capabilities.
Presented by Gardiner Centre