How to Succeed at Your Side Hustle
Wednesday, March 9, 1-2 p.m.
Have you always wanted to start your side hustle but never had the courage? OR You might want to make some extra cash to supplement your salary OR you just want to enjoy a fun and creative project along with being a student or working your day job?
In the world of work, the new buzzwords are Flexibility, Work from Home, Freelancing, and SIDE HUSTLE. Side hustling refers to any activity that has the potential to earn some extra income outside the realm of formal employment. According to Abacus Data’s recent research, 60% of Canadian employees are currently seeking secondary business opportunities. Undoubtedly, the hustle economy is booming, but just because the threshold to start a side business is low, doesn’t mean that earning extra cash on a regular basis is easy.
This session will give you tips and tools on how to succeed at your side hustle while being a student or having a job. We will also discuss:
– the common motivators of being a side hustler
– the hidden challenges and drawbacks of running a side hustle
– the sign it’s time for your side hustle to become your main job
– the problems with glorification of the side hustle and what you can do about it
– why and how to prioritize your mental and emotional wellbeing while being a hustler
Offered by Memorial University’s Enhanced Development of the Graduate Experience (EDGE): https://www.mun.ca/edge/Workshops__Events/Workshops_Events_Cal/index.php
Presented by School of Graduate Studies