Investing in Learning and Development
Tuesday, Oct. 24, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Gardiner Centre, Signal Hill Campus
Facilitate employee and leader growth and development with top retention tools and techniques.
Investing in learning and development focuses on employee growth as a strategic organizational investment, which enhances employee skills and improves productivity, loyalty, and retention. Opening with what it means to truly invest in employee development, this session examines the tools, technologies, and techniques available to facilitate employee learning. Participants will complete exercises and review templates that will help them explore employee development techniques and strategies and plan to apply them in the workplace.
With a thorough review of the components of an employee development program, participants will understand how to build a learning and development strategy for their organization.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Explore the business case for investing in employee and leader development.
- Assess methods to facilitate employee development, e.g., learning plans, mentorship programs, coaching.
- Learn how to develop individual and organizational learning plans.
- Assess the role of technology and trends in employee learning.
- Learn how to develop an employee development strategy for your department/organization.
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 7
Presented by Gardiner Centre