Mental Health First Aid
Thursday, Oct. 21, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Grenfell Campus, Corner Brook
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the support provided to a person who may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis.
In this 12-hours certificate course participants will learn how to recognize signs that a person may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis and encourage that person to:
* Talk about declines in their mental well-being
* Discuss professional and other supports that could help with recovery to improved mental well-being
* Reach out to these supports
* Assist in a mental health or substance use crisis
* Use MHFA actions to maintain one’s own mental well-being
Presented by Grenfell Campus Extended Learning