Rethinking Performance Management
Monday, Oct. 23, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Gardiner Centre, Signal Hill Campus
Adopt a more modern and effective performance management approach.
Modern performance management needs to be flexible, frequent, feedback focused and forward-looking. Starting with clear expectations and goal setting, this course will discuss the strategies, tools and processes that can be used to ultimately improve the performance of both the individual and the organization. This includes thinking critically about performance management in remote working arrangements. From encouraging continuous improvement to working with employees who are not meeting expectations, participants will gain practical tools and processes that will help in a variety of performance situations.
Develop the tools and skills needed to create a performance management system that drives results and supports employee growth.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Learn the importance of goal and expectation setting in employee performance.
- Identify the different performance management models, approaches, and frameworks with a focus on continuous performance management.
- Practice providing employee feedback.
- Understand the role of technology in performance management and some of its capabilities.
- Understand and practice using the Performance Improvement Plan.
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 7
Presented by Gardiner Centre