Wednesday, Oct. 25, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Gardiner Centre, Signal Hill Campus
Implement a succession planning strategy that will prepare your organization for key personnel changes that will occur in the future.
Explore the process of developing a succession plan that is focused on leadership continuity, improved knowledge sharing, and transitioning people into critical roles. Gain a deeper understanding of succession planning and its importance to an organization while emphasizing conditions for success. This topic will also explore the nuances of succession planning in a family-run business.
Identify building blocks and plan for personnel gaps as you work through the process for establishing a succession plan that is aligned with an organization’s strategic plan.
Key Leaarning Outcomes
- Understand and apply the best practices of succession planning.
- Identify the building blocks necessary to implement a successful succession planning program.
- Identify where potential personnel gaps and risks exist in your organization.
- Learn the four steps to succession planning.
- Understand how to conduct a risk analysis.
- Know how to identify high-potential employees.
- Learn techniques for the development of high-potential employees.
- Understand how to monitor the succession process for strategic value to your institution.
- Review the challenges of implementing a succession plan.
- Understand the role and opportunities technology provides in the succession planning process.
- Develop an action guide to begin implementing a succession plan.
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 7
Presented by Gardiner Centre