Supervisory Management Skills Program: Functional Responsibilities of the Supervisor
Monday, Sept. 19, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Manage diversity in the workplace, problem-solve more effectively and increase your leadership efficiency.
Supervisors advocate the goals of the organization while managing competing priorities and diverse staff. This module addresses the challenges facing supervisors and builds skills in problem-solving, organizational efficiency and leading a multigenerational workforce.
The Functional Responsibilities of the Supervisor module focuses on five core topic areas
- Role of the Supervisor provides a comprehensive overview of the specific role the supervisor performs in an organization. Master the skills, knowledge and competencies needed to thrive in s supervisory role.
- Ethics & Values will train participants to manage issues related to governance and ethics in their organization by understanding topics including conflicts of interest, codes of conduct, and regulatory compliance.
- Leading an Age Diverse Workforce examines how generational differences influence perspectives, informs working behaviours and creates unique individual expectations. Learn how to turn age diversity into an organizational strength.
- Managing Projects and Events will train participants to develop skills in building, managing and executing successful events and projects of varying sizes.
- Managing Your Workload provides strategies to ease workloads by organizing and executing priorities while managing other influences that impact time and the ability to get things done.
Functional Responsibilities of the Supervisor is a module in the Supervisory Management Skills Program. The program includes three, five-day modules.
The program instructors provide an interactive learning experience using group discussion, case studies, self-assessment activities, structured exercises, and skills practice to deliver module content.
After each module in the Supervisory Management Skills Program, participants will receive a certificate of completion. For those individuals who complete all three modules of the program, a Certificate of Achievement in Supervisory Management Skills will be awarded.
Delivered virtually September 19-23, 2022, from 8:30 am – 4:00 pm daily.
Presented by Gardiner Centre