Supervisory Management Skills Program: Managing Employee Relations
Monday, April 17, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Gardiner Centre, Signal Hill Campus
Employee relations involves maintaining a positive employee/employer relationship that contributes to employee productivity, motivation, and morale. This module explores how supervisors can best resolve workplace conflicts and employ the best practices of employee development.
This is a module in the Supervisory Management Skills Program.
Conflict Management and Resolution
Reduce the occurrence of conflict to cultivate healthier, constructive work relationships and office environments.
- Define types of conflict and how conflict can form.
- Examine conflict management personality styles.
- Practice resolution techniques to deal with misunderstandings, which are often at the root of many conflicts.
- Assess how introspection and mindful listening can lead to resolution.
- Practice proven resolution focused communication skills.
- Apply a four-step conflict resolution model and tool to manage a current conflict.
Presented by Gardiner Centre