Writing Successful Proposals
Monday, Nov. 29, 1-4:30 p.m.
November 29, 2021 – December 2, 2021
For this course, MUN employees are eligible for a 15% discount!
Learn the steps in proposal writing and understand the skills you need to create an effective pitch that best represents your winning project for any professional discipline.
Writing Successful Proposals guides participants through the process of building your case and selling your idea. A proposal is often an organization’s first impression to a prospective client or funder. Whether you are responding to an RFP, applying for a grant, or submitting a proposal for your product or service, being able to prepare a solid proposal helps you stand out from the competition and increases your chance of success.
This practical, how-to course develops your ability to identify and employ the best-practices of proposal writing. On day one, you will learn the concepts and procedures to write a detailed proposal and on day two, you will put theory into practice by crafting and assessing a business proposal.
- Researching the background for and the topic of a proposal
- Information gathering for details required in a proposal
- Planning the content of a proposal
- Structure for maximum impact and influence
- Writing persuasively for your audience
- Calculating appropriate budgets and presenting numbers
- Editing and evaluating content for correctness, conciseness, and customer focus
- Common mistakes and best practices
Presented by Gardiner Centre