Immigration Policies Certificate Program
Wednesday, Oct. 13, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
October 13 – December 15, 2021
Immigration is a key determinant of our province’s current and future social and economic growth. Are you ready?
Immigration is at the centre of Canadian culture and industry. Provincial and territorial governments throughout Canada have identified immigration as being critical to social and economic development.
Did you know that Newfoundland and Labrador is expected to have 5,100 permanent residents annually calling this province home by 2026? If Newfoundland and Labrador is to flourish and grow beyond sustainability, the province will have to increase the number of immigrants to the province.
Your business or organization will need to be well-positioned to avail of the opportunities that will come from this evolving landscape. You will need to ensure your staff possess the knowledge and expertise required about immigration laws, policies, and procedures to make the most of these social and economic opportunities.
In partnership with the Government of Newfounland and Labrador’s Department of Immigration, Population Growth and Skills and the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, Gardiner Centre is launching the Immigration Policies Certificate Program. This program is intended to help employers, municipalities, organizations, and other entities planning to work with newcomers to develop a more comprehensive understanding of Newfoundland and Labrador’s immigration landscape.
View the press release about this exciting new program here
What you will Learn
You will gain a deep understanding of Canada’s immigration law and regulations, and Newfoundland and Labrador’s immigration policies and procedures, as well as gain the knowledge and skills necessary for successful practice in a variety of professional immigration roles.
Guided by expert facilitators working in the field, this certificate program will prepare and enable individuals, businesses and organizations across all sectors, to learn essential knowledge on immigration legislation, regulations, and programs.
This program is designed for individuals looking to enter Newfoundland and Labrador’s immigration sector and those seeking to enhance their existing skills and competencies regarding Canada’s and Newfoundland and Labrador’s immigration system.
After completing all seven program courses, you will:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of immigration legislation (Immigration and Refugee Protection Act – IRPA) and regulations (Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations – IRPR) governing Canada’s immigration.
- Clearly distinguish the separate roles between federal and provincial government, such as the difference between permanent and temporary residents, the Provincial Nominee Program, the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program, federal pathways, labour market integration, and more.
- Understand the role of immigration consultants and their regulation in Canada.
- Be able to better direct immigrants to the appropriate departments, services, and offices they will need.
- Build practical intercultural communication skills to support and assist employees new to Canada, and prepare your workplace for diversity.
- Know the role of ICCRC and relevant legislation and regulations.
- Discover business immigration pathways in Newfoundland and Labrador.
For more information or to register, please visit: Immigration Policies Certificate Program | Certificate Programs | Gardiner Centre (mun.ca)
Presented by Gardiner Centre