Memorial University has established the committee to undertake the search for the next vice-president (administration and finance).
Kent Decker, who has been vice-president (administration and finance) since 2004, will conclude his term on March 31, 2022.
“Mr. Decker has worked with five presidents and nine different vice-presidents (academic),” said President Vianne Timmons. “He has steered the administration and finance of our university for almost 20 years through good and bad financial times, and we have him to thank for the stable financial position we enjoy today.
“Among the university’s many notable construction projects Mr. Decker oversaw are new residences in St. John’s and Grenfell Campus, Signal Hill Campus, the Ocean Sciences Centre expansion and the new Core Science Facility, which came in on budget. In addition, he led the creation of the roles of chief information officer with an emphasis on security and protection of information, and the role of chief risk officer, including the development of a strong environmental health and safety program.”
Dr. Timmons is looking forward to an opportunity to recognize Mr. Decker for his leadership at a later date.
Members of the search committee are below.
- Catharyn Andersen, vice-president (Indigenous)
- Paul Brett, associate vice-president (research and strategic partnerships), Marine Institute
- Dr. Edward Kendall, professor, Faculty of Medicine
- Chris Lake, associate director, solution planning and delivery, Office of the Chief Information Officer
- Rayna Luther, director, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services, Grenfell Campus
- Dr. Paula Mendonça, director, innovation and entrepreneurship, Technology Transfer and Commercialization Office
- Aiden Parsons, undergraduate student and vice-president (internal), Marine Institute Undergraduate Students’ Union
- Dr. Florentine Strzelczyk, provost and vice-president (academic)
- Dr. Amy Warren, associate vice-president (academic), and dean, graduate studies, School of Graduate Studies
- Jordan Wright, director, operations, Conference Services and Events, Signal Hill Campus
- Tanisha Kerry-Ann Wright-Brown, graduate student (PhD, School of Pharmacy
President Timmons is serving as chair of the search committee.
The university has hired executive search and recruitment firm Boyden as a consultant for this search process.
The university community will be invited to participate in a survey relating to this search in the coming days. A website is under development that will contain all public information regarding the search and will be available through the president’s web page.
Interested members may provide input to the committee in writing or by email to the president at:
Dr. Vianne Timmons, OC, chair
Search Committee for Vice-President (Administration and Finance)
Rm. A-2028, Memorial University
St. John’s, N.L., A1C 5S7